Excel 2010 (and earlier) documents can be created from data which is exported from database files. Additionally, Excel documents can be created from data which is translated from other file formats including delimited text, fixed-width, flat files and XML.
When defining an Excel conversion, you can choose to use an Excel Template which may contain predefined headings, fonts, formulas, etc.
GoAnywhere Director can create Excel documents using a variety of user-specified options:
- Custom titles, page headers, column headings and footers
- Support for Excel Templates
- Multiple sheet support
- Custom column widths and row heights
- Selectable fonts, font sizes, colors, alignment, etc. (by sheet or by column)
- Formatting options for dates and numbers
- Append to the end of existing Excel documents
- Replace existing Excel documents
- Pass in variables (at runtime) to override attributes
After an Excel document is generated, GoAnywhere Director can then compress or encrypt the Excel document and store it on the file system or distribute the document to a FTP server, HTTP server or email addresses.
GoAnywhere Director can be installed onto Windows, Linux, IBM i, AIX (pSeries), UNIX, HP-UX, Mac OS and Solaris platforms. IBM i is also referred to as System i, iSeries, as400, as/400 and i5.