GoAnywhere Gateway Release Notes
Dec 17, 2012 - Version 2.0.0
- Enhanced GoAnywhere Gateway so it can be used as a load balancer in front of two or more installations of GoAnywhere Services. This provides greater scalability by allowing file transfer workloads to be distributed across multiple systems.
- Added support to allow two or more installations of GoAnywhere Services to use the same proxy (listener) ports for handling client connections.
- Added two load balancing algorithms which can be configured within the gateway.xml file in the installation directory. These algorithms determine how traffic is routed when multiple installations of GoAnywhere Services are connected to the same listener:
- Round Robin algorithm will rotate client connections evenly across GoAnywhere Services installations. This is the preferred algorithm for FTP, SFTP and FTPS protocols.
- IP-Based Session Persistence algorithm will also rotate client connections, but will keep traffic from the same IP flowing to the same GoAnywhere Services system for a period of time. This is the preferred algorithm for stateless protocols like HTTP/S.
Oct 2, 2012 - Version 1.2.0 Released
- Fixed an issue where passive ports for FTP/S were failing to timeout when clients requested passive data connections but did not use them. This fix requires GoAnywhere Services version 3.0.1 or higher.
Oct 21, 2011 - Version 1.1.1 Released
- Added a new option to customize the local address used by the forward proxy when establishing outbound connections.
Jul 20, 2011 - Version 1.1.0 Released
- Enhanced GoAnywhere Gateway so it can also be used as an outbound proxy server by GoAnywhere Director (version 3.6 and later) for FTP, FTPS, SFTP and SCP protocols.
- Allow the routing of passive and active data connections (in addition to the control connections) when using FTP and FTPS protocols in GoAnywhere Services. GoAnywhere Services 2.1.0 or later is required to make use of this feature.
- Fixed an issue where the information needed to obtain a new license was not available for review if the current license was expired.
- Fixed an issue where a debug message was being logged stating a message had been received, when it was in fact being sent.
Sep 1, 2010 - Version 1.0.0 Initial Release
is a new product from Linoma Software. It acts as an enhanced reverse proxy that provides an additional layer of defense for your DMZ and Internal network. GoAnywhere Gateway integrates with GoAnywhere Services
to provide a secure and managed environment for hosting and exchanging files.
- No incoming ports need to be opened into the private (internal) network
- No sensitive files, user credentials or service configurations are maintained/stored in the public (DMZ) network.
- Supports FTP/s, SFTP and HTTP/s file transfer protocols
- No special hardware components required; software-only solution
- Installs to Windows, Linux, AIX, UNIX and Solaris operating systems