Delimited Text Write
Delimited text files (e.g. CSV files) can be created from data which is exported from database files. Additionally, delimited text files can be created from data which is translated from other file formats including Excel, fixed-width text and XML.
GoAnywhere Director can create delimited text files using a variety of user-specified options:
- Include/exclude column headings
- Field delimiters (commas, tabs, pipes, etc.)
- Record delimiters (CR, LF, CR/LF, LF/CR)
- Formatting options for dates and numbers
- Text qualifiers
- Null substitute values
- Append to the end of existing text files
- Replace existing text files
- Pass in variables (at runtime) to override attributes
After a delimited text file is generated, GoAnywhere Director can then compress or encrypt the text file and store it on the file system or distribute the file to a FTP server, HTTP server or email addresses.
GoAnywhere Director can be installed onto Windows, VMware, Linux, IBM i, AIX (pSeries), UNIX, HP-UX, Mac OS and Solaris platforms. IBM i is also referred to as System i, iSeries, as400, as/400 and i5.