SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) Client
GoAnywhere MFT™ supports SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) for securing data transmissions with your trading partners and enterprise servers. Both password and SSH key authentication is supported. GoAnywhere MFT will help guarantee delivery of SFTP transfers with options to auto-retry connections, auto-resume interrupted file transfers and perform integrity checks of successful file transfers.
SFTP Features in GoAnywhere MFT
- Authenticate with Passwords and/or SSH keys with support for dual factor authentication
- Get, Mget, Put, Delete and Move files
- Create, Change and Rename directories
- Transfer multiple files per connection
- Retry connections and auto-resume file transfers with user-defined settings
- Packet integrity verification using mac algorithms of SHA1 and MD5
- Suffix and prefix file names with constants, timestamps or variables
- Override file names and other properties at execution time using variables
- Configurable port numbers
- SOCKS and HTTP Proxy support
- Ability to change file permissions (if authorized)
- Timestamp preservation (optional)
- Utilizes only strong NIST-certified encryption algorithms when in FIPS 140-2 Compliance mode
- Alerts for transfer failures via email, text messages and system messages
SFTP server connections can be pre-defined in GoAnywhere MFT's Administrator as reusable Resources which can be selected from simple drop down menus. SFTP Tasks can be placed within GoAnywhere MFT Projects and executed as part of a cohesive process. For instance, a Project could be defined to retrieve records from a database file, convert the records into an XML file, and then put the XML file onto a SFTP server.
When getting or putting files via SFTP, the files selected can be included and excluded using various filter criteria:
- Wildcards (i.e. "trans*.txt" or "*.xls")
- Regular expressions
- Date and time range
- Size range
- Variables passed to the Project
Audit trails (logs) are generated for all SFTP transmissions in GoAnywhere MFT to meet auditing and compliance requirements. The level of log detail can be controlled by an administrator on a per-Project basis. This detail can be configured to include all SFTP commands issued, SFTP messages and file names transferred. Log messages can additionally be sent to a Syslog server using UDP or TCP connections.
A comprehensive Key Manager is provided in GoAnywhere MFT to allow for the management of SSH Keys. This Key Manager can be used to create SSH public and private keys, export keys and view keys. These SSH Keys can be utilized within GoAnywhere MFT for automating SFTP transmissions.
Standards Support for SFTP
- SSH 2.0
- Triple DES, key length of 192 bit
- Blowfish, key length up to 448 bit
- AES, key length up to 256 bit
- MAC-SHA1, key length of 160 bit, digest length of 160 bit
- HMAC-SHA1-96, key length of 160 bit, digest length of 96 bit
- HMAC-MD5, key length of 128 bit, digest length of 128 bit
- HMAC-MD5-96, key length of 128 bit, digest length of 96 bit
- MODP Groups 1, 2, 5 (1536-bit), 14 (2048-bit), 15 (3072-bit), 16 (4096-bit), 17 (6144-bit) and 18 (8192-bit).
- OpenSSH encoded keys
- PEM (privacy enhanced message) encoded keys
- OpenSSH encoded keys